Client: USACE, Honolulu District
We were responsible for addressing all aspects of the RI related to munitions and explosives of concern (MEC) for 11 Munitions Response Sites (MRSs) at Fort Shafter, Wheeler Army Airfield, and Schofield Barracks. Tasks included:
- Conducting munitions investigations and addressing all MEC identified during these operations, including coordination of disposal activities
- Providing technical, quality, and safety support for activities, including vegetation clearance, geophysical surveys, visual surveys, and intrusive anomaly investigation.
- Developing all components of the RI Work Plan, Accident Prevention Plan, Site Safety and Health Plan, and Explosives Site Plan (ESP)
- Providing UXO escort during all field activities including vegetation clearance, geophysical surveys, and munitions constituent sampling
- Providing support during the Technical Project Planning (TPP) process, including developing presentation materials, addressing stakeholder concerns, and attending TPP meetings